A fantastic opportunity for a sport-loving marketing expert to join The Cricketer - the world’s oldest and best-read cricket magazine.
Working with a small team, you’ll focus on subscriptions and ecommerce, alongside campaign management. With the opportunity to leave your mark on a heritage brand still prospering after over a hundred years.
The ideal candidate will have substantial experience in devising and running subscription marketing campaigns, but will also be energetic and brimming with ideas to increase engagement with cricket fans both in the UK and overseas.
As a senior member of the team, you’ll be trusted to work independently to create new ideas and opportunities across our digital membership, print magazine, online shop and more.
An interest in cricket would be advantageous, but not essential. And The Cricketer welcomes applications from the BAME community, women and the LBGTQ+ community.
- Devise and deliver marketing strategy for magazine subscriptions, digital membership and online shop
- Promoting key products through newsletter, social media, seasonal marketing campaigns and third party subscription providers
- Iterate improvements to onsite buying journey to increase sign-ups and purchases
- Research new merchandise for online shop to appeal to our audience
- Explore opportunities with magazine and digital editors to create greater brand awareness and visitors
- Work closely with in-house designers to create compelling marketing assets
- Create and manage campaigns on bespoke subscription software
- Content management for shop products
- Weekly performance reporting to management team
Other key responsibilities:
- Lead on marketing strategy for new products and commercial opportunities
- Raise awareness and engagement in other business priorities (e.g. Cricket Archive, National Village Cup, Pride of Cricket Awards, Schools Guide, Club Cricket Guide, etc)
- Support commercial team with client management
- Maintain and grow affiliate-lead digital marketing content, including ‘best of’ guides
- Create press releases for key business events
Skills, qualifications and experience:
- 2+ years demonstrable experience in a similar role
- Understanding of ecommerce best practices and user experience optimisation
Units 7-8, 35-37 High St, Barrow upon Soar, Loughborough, LE128PY
Welcome to www.thecricketer.com - the online home of the world’s oldest cricket magazine. Breaking news, interviews, opinion and cricket goodness from every corner of our beautiful sport, from village green to national arena.