The West Indies international represented Melbourne Stars on five occasions in 2021, scoring 83 runs and taking three wickets
Andre Russell is keen to return to the Big Bash next season, stating that playing in the tournament is "always a priority."
The 33-year-old, who has previously turned out for Sydney Thunder and Melbourne Renegades in the competition, joined Melbourne Stars on a five-match contract for BBL11, with West Indies’ upcoming series against Ireland and England the reason for his limited involvement.
Russell had hoped to sign off with "something special" in his final appearance against Brisbane Heat on December 27 but was trapped lbw by Matthew Kuhnemann for a two-ball duck. He posted figures of 0 from 22 with the ball.
In total, he scored 83 runs at a strike rate of 156.60 and took three wickets. His best performance came against Sydney Thunder against whom he smashed a match-winning 42 not out from 21 balls.

Russell (centre) celebrating a wicket against Hobart Hurricanes [Steve Bell/Getty Images]
"I always enjoy playing in these conditions, the ball coming on good to the bat," he said prior to his final appearance. "You bowl fast, you get results, so at the end of the day looking forward to come and play Big Bash is always a priority.
"Sometimes West Indies tours and all these things fall [at the] wrong time. But I'm happy to be back if these guys want me back, that's why I try and do something special, so they have something to think about.
"I wish I could stay longer but at the end of the day it is what it is."
And despite no official decision being made as yet, teammate Marcus Stoinis believes the entire squad are keen to have Russell back next year.
"We haven't spoken to him yet but we're planning on having him back next year and the year after and the year after that and maybe the year after that," he said.
RELATED LINKS (APP OPENS IN EXTERNAL WINDOW)
Joe Clarke and Hilton Cartwright steer Melbourne Stars to victory over Brisbane Heat