// LIVE BLOGGING
Cameron Bancroft has said he will do "whatever it takes to earn back the trust of the Australian public" after accepting his nine-month ban
Cameron Bancroft has been banned for nine months
Cameron Bancroft has said he will do "whatever it takes to earn back the trust of the Australian public" after accepting his nine-month ban.
Bancroft revealed on Wednesday that he will not contest the sanctions imposed on him by Cricket Australia, following discussions with his advisers.
That means he will not be eligible for selection in any form of international or state cricket until January.
"Today I lodged the paperwork with Cricket Australia and will be accepting the sanction handed down," Bancroft tweeted.
Bancroft will not be eligible for a return until January
"I would love to put this behind me and will do whatever it takes to earn back the trust of the Australian public. Thank you to all those who have sent messages of support."
The Western Australia batsman has lost his contract in county cricket as a result of his role in the ball-tampering scandal which rocked the sport last month.
Bancroft was due to spend the summer with Somerset but the club pulled out of the arrangement in the aftermath of the scandal.
Former Australia captain Steve Smith has also confirmed he will not fight the charges laid against him for his part in the incident.
The third member of the Aussie team to be penalised, David Warner, has yet to announce his intentions.